My Blog List

Sunday, February 18, 2024

What’s in a name?

I'm almost positive that most of the world only know us by the names selected by our parents, our given names. Yet, in private, we are known also by names that reflect who we are, or wish we could be. A name that we have chosen. 
 It's a choice we don’t take lightly, I’m sure. 
Why do I mention this? Well, my chosen name, Marciann, is slightly unusual.
What made me choose this name instead of, Ellie, Julie, Katie,  Debbie, Jill  or even Marci, names I did consider?  
It was actually an easy choice.  Marciann was the name of my great, great grandmother. If I were born female, it would have been my given name. It was simple as that.
I think it might be interesting to hear how we chose our names.
 Care to share?



2 comments:

  1. My Madam decided that she wanted to seperate my Work persona from my submissive side, so rather than feminising my first name to something like Michelle, she decided to use my middle name, william, and have it spelt as billie rather than a more masculine Bill or Billy.
    Also on occasions where I need to use a surname, Madam requires me to be Miss or Ms Watson - my Maternal Grandmother's maiden name.

    hugs

    billie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Billie
    I should also mention I use MacFie as my surname, my grandmother’s clan.
    So, Marciann Marie MacFie
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Vacation surprise

 Well, we took a cruise to Antarctica.  Had a great time. Icebergs penguins, seals whales.  A trip of a lifetime. But what made it really ex...